Monday, August 10, 2009

Sorting out some thoughts

While relaxing at the beach today with a couple of my favorite girls from work I had plenty of time to think. In fact, I feel like all I do right now is think about my future and how it could play out. For some reason I keep thinking that grad school will be the answer to finding my dream job and real adult life where I settle down and live happily ever after. Although, reality reminds me that just like a BFA an MFA does not mean a garunteed job. I am lucky enough to have an amazing boyfriend and an amazing roomate that are encouraging and positive. They helped me to remember that I need to be active and ambitious now and that I have options and a very very good window of opportunity to help me persue a creative career. Waiting tables may put money in the bank but that's about it. There is more out there for me and I am excited to start looking for it.

I leave you with a fun photo I snatched at the beach during my contemplations. I was also remembering how fun and free I felt as a child looking in to the clouds.

No comments: